Bob's Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces boneless pork
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium red apple
- 3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 225° F.
- Cut onion into 1/2" slices. Core apple and cut into 1/2" slices.
- Combine brown sugar and Creole seasoning in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place ribs in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish (cut ribs in half to fit into pan).
- Rub olive oil onto both sides of ribs, then repeat using brown sugar and Creole seasoning mixture.
- Place onion and apple slices on top of ribs.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for approximately 5 to 6 hours. Remove foil and brush ribs with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Bake uncovered for an additional 45 minutes or more at 325° F until temperature of ribs reaches 185 ° F.
- Remove from oven. Carefully drain liquid, and discard onion and apples.
- Cut ribs into individual pieces and serve immediately, or cool and freeze for a later date.