Fantastic Pork Fajitas
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces pork, 1/4 cup vegetables, 1 tortilla
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound lean, boneless pork
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas, 8" size
- Slice green pepper and onion. Mince garlic cloves. Slice pork across grain into 1/8" strips.
- Combine garlic, oregano, cumin, pineapple juice, vinegar and hot sauce in a gallon-size, zip-top, plastic bag. Add pork and marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat while preparing pork.
- Heat a heavy skillet or griddle until hot. Add the oil, onion, green pepper and pork strips. Stir-fry until pork is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve with warm flour tortillas.