Kent’s Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions, but omit the salt.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion. Drain fat.
- Add brown sugar, Italian seasonings and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and stir into the sauce.
- Toss and serve.