Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs(2)
- CKD non-dialysis
1 short rib, 3/4 cup vegetables with broth
- 16 ounces beef short ribs (two 8-ounce ribs)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or as desired)
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1-1/2 cups tap water
- 1/2 lemon
- Season short ribs liberally with cracked black pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Julienne the onion half. Place the onion and baby carrots on top of the short ribs.
- Add red wine and water
- Squeeze in lemon juice and add the lemon half to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Place each short rib on a plate and cover with a ladle of broth and vegetables.