Angel Food Whipped Cream Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
1/10 of cake
- 2 tablespoons plain gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 large angel food cake
- Soak gelatin in cold water to soften. Add hot water and stir.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar and stir. Put in refrigerator and let stand until it begins to gel.
- Whip 1/2-pint heavy cream. Fold into mixture along with 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Line a large bowl with wax paper. Break cake in small pieces. Add cake pieces alternately with whipped cream mixture.
- Cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Turn cake over onto a plate and frost with second 1/2-pint of whipped cream. Decorate with additional 1/4 cup fruit.