Florida Key Lime Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 5 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 14 ounces canned Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt margarine and add graham cracker crumbs and sugar; mix thoroughly. Save 1 to 2 tablespoons crumb mixture to sprinkle on top of pie.
- Press into a 9” pie shell. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Add lime juice to condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- With a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, use hand-mixer to whip the heavy cream to a stiff peak. Fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture.
- Sprinkle leftover crumb mixture on pie.
- Chill until ready to serve.