- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cloves, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Cream butter with a mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar.
- Blend in the egg and molasses.
- Add the flour mixture a small amount at a time, until a dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Form dough into balls (heaping teaspoon size) and place 2” apart on a greased cookie sheet, flattening each ball slightly.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies.