- CKD non-dialysis
1-1/2 ounces (about 1/2 cup)
- 5-1/2 cups popcorn, air-popped without salt or fat
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place popped popcorn in a large, zip-top plastic bag; seal. Crush popcorn using a meat mallet or rolling pin; set aside.
- Combine sugar, syrup and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 270° F (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in molasses and butter. Cook until thermometer registers 290° F (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Stir crushed popcorn into boiling syrup mixture and remove from heat.
- Working quickly, pour popcorn mixture onto prepared pan. Spread to 1/4″ thickness using a wooden spoon coated with cooking spray.
- Cool completely; break into large pieces.