- CKD non-dialysis
- 15 ounces canned peach halves in extra light syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Drain peaches; reserve the juice and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, whole cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and orange rind in a medium saucepan.
- Add reserved peach juice to the spice mixture. Stir mixture well and add peaches.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Divide peaches into dessert dishes; serve warm.