Autumn Orzo Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cups orzo
- 1 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons blanched, sliced almonds
- Cook orzo according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- Core and dice apple. Chop basil.
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients except the almonds. Combine until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds before serving.