- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup dry bulgur
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 bunches parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash bulgur. Drain and place in a large bowl. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over bulgur, cover bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid (if any).
- Dice tomato; chop green onions, parsley, mint and peeled cucumber.
- Add vegetables to bulgur and mix well.
- Juice the 3 lemons. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to bulgur mixture.
- Let salad set at room temperature for about an hour to absorb the lemon juice and olive oil before serving. Refrigerate leftovers and serve during the week.