Crock-Pot® Chicken and White Bean Chili
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 3/4 cup celery
- 3/4 cup onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup canned white beans
- 15.5 ounces canned golden hominy (1 can)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 white pearl onions, whole
- 4.5 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken breast in bite sized cubes. Season with black pepper and place in Crock-Pot.
- Dice carrots, celery and onion (except pearl onions). Mince garlic. Rinse and drain beans and hominy to reduce sodium.
- Add chicken broth, beans, hominy, pearl onions, diced onion, carrots, celery, garlic and green chilies to Crock-Pot.
- Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Serve hot.