- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Chop onion and celery; thinly slice carrots and mince garlic cloves.
- In a large pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add turkey and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pot and cook until crumbles are no longer pink.
- Add sautéed vegetables and remaining ingredients to the pot and stir.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Stir occasionally to prevent ingredients from sticking to the pot.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- If desired, add red chili pepper flakes for added spice.